Light Structures is the world leading supplier of fiber optic condition monitoring systems based on Fiber Bragg Grating technology (FBG). SENSFIB Hull™ Stress Monitoring solutions based on this Fiber optic technology offer excellent reliability and unique data quality compared to conventional technology.
The SENSFIB product range includes:
- SENSIFIB HULL
- SENSIFIB ICE
- SENSIFIB SLOSHING
- SENSIFIB IMMS
- SENSIFIB NAVY
- SENSIFIB MOORING
- SENSIFIB ACTIVE FATIGUE MANAGEMENT
The FBGs are an internal stripe pattern in the core of the optical fiber that strongly reflects one wavelength (or color) of light & the user interface can be configured to show current stress, fatigue accumulation, accelerations and slamming trend as well as sailing conditions in terms of sea state, wind, speed and position if such equipment are integrated.
The Fiber Bragg Grating (FBG) optical sensing technology gives SENSFIB™ a competitive edge compared to the conventional Strain Gauge based sensors.
Their key advantages being:
- Sensors are intrinsically safe requiring no Zener Barriers and no limitation to their positioning.
- Reliable as they are immune to EMI. & the software is based on a Linux OS platform.
- Accurate as the stress measurements are based on measurement of the wavelength of light.
- Reduced ownerships costs. (Recalibration, maintenance, repairs and service)
- Flexibility due to ease of installation (no hot works required for sensor installation) and
- The basic HSM system can be easily expanded to include fatigue monitoring in the water line, bow sensors for ice load monitoring etc., as desired.